Is Your Date Lying To You – Recognise the Signs
Dating can be a really wonderful thing – you’re getting to know someone new and feelings begin to grow, But, there are a few niggling doubts; there is something about your date that doesn’t seem quite right, you aren’t sure that you can really trust what they are saying. It is nothing you can put your finger on, it is just a gut feeling you have.
You might be completely wrong about your date, you’re just carrying trust issues from the past, but you want to be sure. So here are some signs that your date may be lying to you…
- It’s All In The Eyes – If your date looks away when you ask them a question before answering you, the chances are that your date is hiding something from you – they are looking away from you so they can construct an answer that is different from the truth. On the other hand, too much eye contact can also be a bad sign. Accomplished liars know that maintaining eye contact is important in duping their target, but they may overcompensate and maintain eye contact for to long in a hope to appear convincing. If they hold eye contact with you for more than 6 seconds they may be telling you porkies.
- Blushing – Even the best liars can’t fool their body completely – if there is a little blush in the cheeks, it could be because they aren’t telling you the truth. Since women blush more than men, this is going to be easier to detect on a female date.
- Hand Signals – Hands can give away a lot about a person without them intending it. If a person is covering their mouths, touching their nose or scratching their head a lot, it is a pretty good sign that your date is being deceitful. Or if your date is holding something while they are talking, if they are lying, they will hold it tighter and closer to their body, so look out for white knuckles. In addition, if your dates hands are excessively clammy, it is another indicator lies are being told to you.
- Itch or a Twitch – I once had a boyfriend who used to sometimes blink really exaggeratedly; it turned out he only did this when he was telling huge lies. A repeated itch or strange twitch is one of the easiest ways to tell if your date is lying as they are almost impossible to hide.
- Erm, Urr, Ahh… – If your date is using a lot of conversation fillers like ‘um’ and ‘ah’ it may be because they are giving themselves more time to construct the next part of their lie. However, if it is your first date and there are no other lying indicators, it is worth giving them the benefit of the doubt, as it may be first date jitters.
Hopefully, these little tips will help you weed out those liars, also if he tells you he is a space cowboy secret agent millionaire, that is probably a liar you have there.
Read the full story on Female First.
Don’t forget to visit our official Facebook Page for a few little giggles.