Learn What It Takes To Go From Disasterous Dating To Good Relationship
Have you been the victim of many a failing relationship and just can’t seem to figure out why. You’re putting all the effort in and then some, but it just doesn’t seem to work out. Believe it or not, the most successful of relationships don’t need serious amounts of effort to work, they work because they don’t make the mistakes that so often destroy something potentially so good.
- They Let Go Of The Past – Yes, sometimes bad things happen in relationships, but once that relationship is over so are all the bad things that happened. You can’t let these bad things define you, or dictate the way you approach relationships in the future. People who have successful relationships manage to move on from their previous partners, putting the past firmly behind them.
- There Has To Be Give And Take – Every good relatiomship has a good balance of give and take, which results in each partner feeling like they are equals. Don’t be someone who gives their all to a relationship and recieves nothing in return, it will leave you feeling unfulfilled. Be sure that you get as much out ouf your relationship as you put in and you can be sure that it lasts.
- Space Is Good – The stength of a relationship is not measured by the amount of time you spend together. It is measured by the enjoyment you get out of the time you share and by the fun you can have without your partner. One of the keys to a long-lasting relationship is retaining your independence – if your partner is your whole world, you could end up beng sick of the sight of them. Make sure you spend some time doing your own thing, so you can share those adventures with your partner over dinner.
- Communication Is Key – Individuals in the best relationships know that you have to communicate honestly with their partner. Being afraid to speak up in a relationship is a sure fire way to create resentment over problems your partner may not even be aware of. It can be scary speaking up about something, but bottling things up is definitely not healthy for a relationship.
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine – Yes there are serious elements to a realtionship, but it is important to really let your hair down together and have a good laugh. Being able to make each other laugh, means you can diffuse silly arguments that threaten to spiral out of control with a joke. Enjoying each other’s sense of humour means that you will have so much fun doing even the most mudane things as relationships are not how they are in the movies.
- It’s All About The Love – After all, a relationship is nothing without love – they love each other, they love others and they love themselves. The let their partner into their life and trust them with their heart, there is nothing more rewarding than that.
Do you have any tips for maintaining a good relationship?
Read the full story on the Huffington Post.
For more snippets of advice, most of which are funny rather than useful, visit our official Facebook Page.