Is no one safe from your cheeky banter and sly touches? Then you might just be a compulsive flirt.
Do people never take your compliments seriously, instead just laughing them off? And are you always being called a cheeky minx or a saucy devil? No one ever comes to you to have a serious conversation, and no one cares about your opinion on current affairs. This could be because your friends see you as nothing more as a compulsive flirt, because you turn on the charm with everyone you meet, instead of just being yourself.
Here are some signs that you are indeed a compulsive flirt…
- When you meet someone new, instead of introducing yourself, you open the lines of communication with a flirty ice-breaker or a cheesy chat up line in the hopes of getting a laugh.
- Whether you have it or not, you love to flaunt it. You can’t help but show yourself off in the hopes of getting attention, as attention is your main source of sustenance. You feed of the attention of others and you have an insatiable appetite; the more you get the better. You know how to ensure that you are the centre of attention and this usually involves making sure you talk louder than any0ne else, and if that doesn’t work, by removing and item of clothing to swing above your head.
- When having a conversation with someone you agree with everything they say and say all of their interests are your own. You want them to instantly connect to you and want them to like you more than anyone else in the room.
- You can find something the complement on anyone, no matter how rude, socially awkward or unattractive they are, because it gets you the attention you so crave. If you don’t feel like your complements are having the desired effect, you can always move things up a notch with some cheeky touching – a brush of the elbow, a playful shove or a little game of footsies under the table.
- You will find yourself flirting with absolutely anyone, even if you actually despise the person, in the hopes that you might get something out of it, like a free drink or meal.
If any of the above are true for you, then you probably are a compulsive flirt. You may think you’re not doing any harm, and in most cases you probably aren’t. But you could be leading someone on unfairly, making them think they have a chance with you. Or you’re going to find it difficult to find someone who will trust you enough to enter into a relationship with you. So if you are a compulsive flirt, you might want to consider toning it down a little bit.
Don’t forget to take a trip to our official Facebook Page for advice, fun and flirting.