Utilise Every Opportunity and Flirt At The Gym
Hormones are flying everywhere, people are wearing not much clothing and things are getting all hot and sweaty – it seems like the perfect environment to build some sexual tension. In fact the gym is a lot like a nightclub, just without the dim lighting and the masses of booze, so there could be a good opportunity to get a flirt on. However, you do need to be cautious when flirting at the gym as some people don’t feel like they are looking their best, gasping and drenched in sweat and may not want to be approached.
Also, if your sitting on the weights machine, grunting and ogling someone across the room, you may find yourself removed by security. The same may be true if you keep bending over to tie your quite obviously secure shoe laces ever few minutes, so you can stick your bum in that hot guys face – especially if your following him around to do so without appearing to do any exercise.
- Put The Time In – If your gym crush is someone you see on a regular basis, you may be better off playing the long game. Start with a flirty glance on one encounter, then a few lingering smiles the next encounter, working your way up to a little light conversation. Before long the time will be right to ask them to for a post work-out smoothie, it may not lead to a relationship, but you could make a friend. What is their to lose?
- Be Approachable – If you are straining out your guts at the squat rack or curling yourself into impossible positions on the yoga mat, don’t make you very approachable, in fact it probably makes you look intimidating. The person you have been crushing on you is probably not gonna want to approach you, no matter how much you smile sweetly at them. Save those activities for when your crush hits the showers and don’t ask to join them.
- Lady (Or Lad) In Red – If you have been trying to get someone to notice you at the gym, but can’t even get them to look in your direction, maybe you should modify your gym wardrobe. Red tends to be a colour that draws the eye and it subconsciously indicates passion. Will it help you make connections at the gym? Who knows, but if you’re not getting anywhere with anything else you are trying, it may be worth a try.
- Forget The Trainer – The personal trainer may be gorgeous and they keep giving you the eye, you are sure of it. The chances are they are just checking your form on the weight machines, making sure you aren’t likely to cause yourself an injury. The personal trainer/client relationship should be kept purely professional, or you might have to find yourself a new gym.
- Make Under – Girls leave the make-up at home; you may think you look gorgeous walking into the gym with a full face of make-up, but that all goes to crap, when it is running all over your sweaty face after five minutes on the cross trainer. And guys, don’t hit the gym with your hair styled to perfection and one of those nipple-revealing string vests – it is not a good look.
So stop ogling that gym hottie and get your flirt on!
For more flirting fun, head on over to our Facebook Page.