When you meet someone face-to-face, you are as likely to exchange emails, IM handles or Facebook information or give them your phone number. On the other hand, you may also meet an acquaintance or even a total stranger on line and find yourself knee deep in flirt chat.
But if you are an online flirt who likes using chatrooms, beware: there are certain viruses that invade chat rooms, the virus actually chat with the user and flirt with them so credibly that some guys and girls share personal information with them. That’s why it’s important to have a secure and safe platform, like the one at Flirt.com.au.
If you’re flirting on live chat like Google or MSN, there are a few things worth checking, that might put a spanner in the works:
- Do both of you have a decent typing speed?
- How comfortable are you using this medium to flirt?
- How well do you know this person?
- Do you have a webcam? Are you comfortable using it?
When flirting on chat, take turns starting the conversation, don’t always be the initiator. Ask them about their day, or use emoticons J, hugs (((((((((((Amy)))))))))) and endearments like ‘hey sweetness’ if you feel you are ready to go there. Because they can’t hear the tone of your voice, even a simple silly expression like ‘awwwww’ allows you to be cute.
Flirting on Blackberry Messenger
- Trade your BBM pin only if you’re comfortable. After sending a text, check when the message was delivered, and how long it took before they read it. That will tell you whether they are into you. But don’t be too pushy if they’re not replying. You don’t know what’s going on at the other end.
- Don’t respond too quickly yourself – you don’t want to come off looking like you’ve been waiting for their message all day and can’t wait to reply.
- Drinking will bring down your inhibitions, so avoid doing text flirting when you’re high or drunk. Also remember, being kinky does not equal flirting. It’s okay to text something like, ‘Apart from being sexy, what do you do for a living?’ But full on kinky can be a put off, especially if the other person doesn’t feel the same way. It’s cool to flirt by sending pictures and voicemail, but make sure you’re not sending out anything that will look stupid if it’s sent forward or uploaded on line.
- Another simple tip: always read the message over when you’re done otherwise you might have a very embarrassing predictive text mistake made by auto correct – for example, ‘shag’ instead of ‘stag’ or typing out ‘come on over, I have wind’ instead of ‘I have wine’.
When you’re not face to face and there is no webcam or video chat, you need to think about the tone of the message going out, and how it will be received by the other person before you hit ‘send’ or ‘enter’. Good luck and if you want to start flirting with some like minded individuals right now, why not create your free flirt account at Dating.Flirt.com.au