Want to Flirt at the Gym? Just Do it!
The gym is a great place to meet people who share similar interests, but the normal rules of flirting don’t apply – it might be a bit strange to ask if you can buy someone an energy drink. So what is the etiquette when you want to flirt at the gym?
- Don’t Rush – When you see someone you like at the gym, the chances are that you will be seeing more of them, so there is no need to rush things. Have a few light chats over the space of a couple of weeks and find out if there is any potential there. If signs are good, then go ahead and subtly express your interest, maybe ask them to join you in a post work out smoothie.
- Be Relaxed – It is inevitable that at some point someone is going to cut in line for a machine at the gym. However, you don’t want your love interest to see you go crazy over something so small. Stay relaxed about it, and show that you’re an easy going person.
- Ask/Offer Advice – Ask for tips, or offer advice in certain exercises as a great conversation starter. Asking for a spot on weight machines is an easy way to get up close and personal.
- Make a Moderate Effort – Strike a balance between looking like a tramp and looking like your trying to hard. Guys steer clear of tight vests that are so low cut that they almost show the nipples; and girls avoid a full face of make-up and push up bra.
- Ditch the Headphones – It is hard to strike up a conversation with someone who has headphones on and in their own little world. Make yourself more approachable by leaving the headphones at home.
Hopefully these little tips will help you flirt at the gym and pick up that hottie you have been eying up over the treadmill.
Read the full story at Madame Noire.
Don’t forget to visit our Facebook Page for more fun flirting action.