You love your friends, there is no denying that, and you want to continue spending time with them, but you wish they would just accept that their place is in the friend zone. Their playful flirting was fun at first, because you thought it was all harmless fun, but you have begun to suspect that they may want to take that flirting a little bit further. The jokes have got dirtier and the gentle shoulder touch had become the all too often hug.
You need to get them back in the friend zone, but you don’t want to risk your friendship or hurt your friends feelings. But, the longer you allow this to go on, the better they will think their chances are. So follow these tips to make sure that your friend knows where they stand…
- Be Straight With Them – There really is no need to dance around the subject or leaving any ambiguity, that leaves room for misinterpretation. So be direct and tell them that friendship is all that your interested in, now and always – they should take the hint and quit with the overbearing flirting. If they don’t, it may be time to sacrifice the friendship for everyone’s sake.
- Don’t Reciprocate – When the jokes and flirting becomes that little too sexual make sure you don’t reciprocate and and steer the conversation in another direction. It can be hard work to keep moving the question on, but before long they should get the message and realise you’re not really into that.
- No Touchy Feely – The odd hug between friends is normal, but when your friend is subtly touching you all the time, it more than likely indicates a romantic interest. Make sure you don’t inadvertently touch your friend in a way they may see as tender, they may take this as an indication that you just as interested as they are.
- Safety In Numbers – Try hanging out in a group of friends more often so there is less of a chance that you flirty friend will make a move on you. They will also see that you don’t treat them any different from your other friends, they will soon see that they have been reading your signals wrong.
- Discuss Dating Others – Go on dates with other people and mention how nice it is to have a friend to laugh about the dating game with. That way your flirty friend will know that you consider them completely separate from their dating life.
Hopefully, these handy hints will help you put your friends firmly in the friend zone and keep them there.
For more flirting fun and a few more tips, visit our official Facebook Page.