Online Flirting Will Benefit Your Dating Life
Meeting someone for the first time online, could be a great way to improve the chances that a first date will go really well. Flirting online before that all important first date is so useful as it helps builds rapport much quicker than can be built if the first meeting occurs face-to-face.
Talking to someone online before meeting them gets all the small talk out of the way quickly, as well as getting to know them. This will help create the initial chemistry, so that when you do meet, you already have plenty of things to talk about, without any awkward ‘hump’ to get over.
Having a cheeky online flirt makes your intentions towards that person clear; it shows that you have a romantic interest and plan to pursue it. If you keep your interactions online purely platonic then there is a danger that you could find yourself in the dreaded friend zone, a place harder to escape than Alcatraz.
However, it can be difficult to know how to initiate a conversation online. There is always a worry that you may come across as an online sleaze looking for just one thing. So here are some online icebreakers that can help to start the conversation…
- Say Hello – It may seem obvious, but when people find someone to chat to online, they forget the basics and just jump straight in. That over familiarity might seem a little bit forward if you are speaking to someone for the first time. Don’t forget to say hello and to introduce yourself – let them know that you are interested in getting to know them, but keep it brief , you don’t want to bore them with a long essay.
- What Interests You – There is a reason you chose to get in touch with them, so tell them about it. It’s probably best not to be too shallow here as it may give off the wrong impression. By all means you can show appreciation for their pretty eyes, but make sure to mention something else that isn’t based on their appearance, such as their awesome taste in movies.
- Two Truths And A Lie – One of the best ice breakers around, tell the person three interesting facts about you, one of which is a lie, and ask them which one they think is the lie. It is a fun way to start a conversation, and it is certainly more interesting than ‘Hey, how was your weekend?’. It can turn into a game that you play together, each taking turns to find out something about the other.
- You Won’t Believe This – Create an instant connection through empathy, by sharing an embarrassing experience you have experienced via online communication. Maybe you send a slightly risque email to everyone in your mail box by accident and couldn’t look many people in the eye for quite some time. Not only will it make them laugh, but it will encourage reciprocation, which is a key way of building relationships.
- Six Degrees Of Separation – You know the premise, it is the idea that any one person can be connected to any other via 6 or less steps. Ask a person to challenge you to connect yourself to any famous person of their choosing, then you can challenge them. It certainly does beat small talk about the weather.
Do you guys have any online icebreakers you would add to the list? There is nothing left to do but to go off and try them out. Good luck!
For more flirting fun, be sure to visit our official Facebook Page.