There is nothing wrong with knowing all there is to know about your partner before really committing.
They may say that love is blind, that some people you can’t help but love. So you turn a blind eye to some things and don’t ask about others for fear of what the answer may be. But, ignorance is not always bliss, and trusting someone completely without really knowing them may lead to even more heartache in the long run. So maybe you should protect yourself and learn the really important stuff about your partner before you committ to forever.
- Bad Habits – You can probably accept that your partner snores when they lie a certain way, a nudge in the ribs usually does the trick. But, nose picking, nail biting, leaving dishes in the sink, not replacing the milk, all of these combined may lead to a hell of a lot of irritation. Are they really worth it, because by the time you meet them, they are probably way to ingrained to be changed.
- Their Reputation – Reputations exist for a reason, if your partner has a reputation for being quite the player, there is a chance that they have been at some point. But, don’t write them off straight away; people can change, you will just have to build up the trust before you get too serious.
- STD Status – It is amazing how many couples jump into having unprotected sex with their partner because they take their word that they have been careful with other partners. That is just dumb, dumb, dumb! It is not unreasonable to ask your partner to have an STD check before you hop into bed with them unprotected, as long as you do the same for them.
- Real Intentions – They may be showering you with affection and sweet words, but have they always left their wallet or purse at home when the bill comes? Are they always promising they will pay for the next one, but that never happens? Then there is a chance that they are after you for what’s in you bank account and now what is in your heart. A relationship should be equal, if it isn’t maybe they don’t have any real romantic intentions towards you.
- Criminal Record – Criminals can be reformed, but you still have a right to know if your partner has a criminal past. You may not want to be in a relationship with a former drug dealer, or armed robber, and you have the right to make that choice.
- Hobbies – A hobby is probably not a deal breaker in a relationship, unless it is something seriously twisted (call the cops) or boring. But, learning about your other halfs hobbies will help you understand them better and give you an opportunity to try out something new. The shared activity will help bring you even closer together.
- Children? – You may be afraid of the answer in case it contradicts your feelings, but you have to know whther or not they want kids. If they do and you don’t, the kindest thing to do, could be to let them go, and visa versa. It is not fair for them to hope you will change your mind.
It is always better to know, the truth than to hide behind ignorance.
Read the full story on Wonder Woman.
For more all things flirting and relationships, stop by our Facebook Page.