Different Types of Flirt
Flirting is fun, usually harmless and often a great way to meet that next special someone, but have you ever wondered what kind of flirt you are? A study in ‘Communication Quarterly’ has discovered that there are five distinct types of flirt, based on a study of over 5,020 single adults.
Co-author of the paper Jeffery Hall, an assistant professor of communication studies at the University of Kanvas, states that every individual uses a combination of the flirting style, but one style may be more dominant.
So I bet you are dying to know what the flirting styles are…
- Traditional: The traditional flirt believe that men should always make the first move and that women should not pursue men. The favored flirting style of the introvert, women may have trouble getting a man’s attention and the man generally take longer to approach a woman they are interested in.
- Polite: The polite flirt focuses on good manners and non-sexual communication. Like the traditional flirt, they are less likely to approach a person on interest. They aren’t flattered by flirting, but will still form meaningful relationships.
- Physical: As expected, the physical flirt uses touch to get close to a partner. They tend to form relationships quickly, which tend to have more sexual chemistry, due to increased sexual interest. However, this doesn’t mean they are only interested in sex, they do have a strong emotional connection to their partners.
- Playful: Those that exhibit the playful style often have little interest in a long-term relationship; instead they look for fun and attention to boost their self-esteem. The most uncommon variation, they are less likely to have important and meaningful relationships.
- Sincere: They aim to form strong emotional connections ans as a result form strong and meaningful relationships, with a sexual chemistry to match.
So have you figured out what your dominant style of flirting is?
For the full story visit USA Today.
For more fun flirty action, be sure to visit our Facebook Page.