Get yourself some digits with these speed dating tips.
Speed dating is a great way to meet a whole bunch of new potential partners in one night. We recently told you all about the new speed dating trend that is just taking off, paper bag speed dating, which shows that it is a legitimate way of meeting “your type”. Eventually, you’re sure to meet at least one person who matches your personality perfectly.
With just a few minutes to make an impression on someone, it can be easy to let possible connections slip by. No one wants the embarrassment of having no matches at the end of the night, having to slink home all alone with an empty pocket which you hoped would be filled with phone numbers.
What you need is some good speed dating tips, so you can really squeeze every little thing out of those few precious minutes…
- Stay Away From The Bar – Having one blind date is nerve wracking enough, but having potentially dozens of blind dates in one night is sure to make even those with the steeliest nerves feel a bit flustered. You may think it’s a good idea to have a drink or two to calm your nerves, but it really isn’t. Slurring and spitting as you talk is going to make 3 minutes seem like a lifetime for your date. Don’t boost your chances of humiliation and a lifetime speed dating ban. Have a lemonade instead.
- Sell Yourself In Moderation – You do need to sell yourself quickly when speed dating and give those dates a reason to give you a big fat tick on their score card. So show them how funny you are with a bit of light-hearted banter. Don’t spend the whole time talking about yourself, listing all your good qualities and achievements. This is just a verbal resume and will end up looking arrogant and self-centred. Instead, make sure you ask your date plenty of questions and listen intently to what they have to say.
- Dress To Impress – Don’t get cocky and think because you’re having so many dates in one stretch you don’t really need to make an effort with your appearance. If anything, making an effort is even more important, because you have so little time to make an impression. It is better to be overdressed than underdressed, but its best to draw the line at an evening gown or tuxedo. Make sure you’re looking food and smelling fresh. And remember guys, ladies always notice the shoes…
- The Power Of The Smile – Yes, you may be so nervous that you are feeling green around the gills, but try not to show it if you can. Greet your date with a friendly smile that will put him or her at ease. But don’t overdo it with a big Cheshire cat grin – that will just make you look like a complete psycho.
- No Sailor Mouth – A little bit of colourful swearing can be funny, and used to emphasis a point. But it’s not really appropriate to let the sailor mouth fly until you really know them. Too much potty mouth can be a real turn off. It also shows a lack of imagination if swearing is the only descriptive words you use.
Final Tip: Don’t take each rejection at speed dating personally. It’s just one step closer to finding someone who is really right for you.
You may meet someone new by checking out our official Facebook Page too!