Men Can Make So Many Dating Mistakes
A few weeks ago I went into the dating mistakes that women make, so it is only fair that I include a piece on the dating mistakes that men make, because they can be just as bad as women. You might think that you are the most charming man any lady could hope to meet, when in fact you have blown your chance before you have even opened your mouth. Or following a few dates, the object of you affection realises that some of your personality traits are in fact more annoying than a persistent car alarm.
So men beware, you could be ruing in your chances of romance with these dating mistakes…
- Big Fat Ego – An inflated ego is one of the biggest turn offs there is; no one can stand that guy that can’t stop talking about himself and all the supposed great traits and experiences. It will make your date wonder what you are overcompensating for, but they probably won’t stick around long enough to find out, that’s how annoying your big ego is.
- Case of the Ex – No-one is so naive to think that you have never had another relationship in the past, but that does not mean that they want to hear about every relationship you have ever had, especially on the first few dates. Moaning about an ex sends the message that you are not over your ex and that your a guy not worth wasting time over. You don’t have to forget your ex completely, just try not to mention her in every sentence and not until you really know someone.
- Do As I Say, Not As I Do – “You know what I love, hypocrites” said no one ever. If you have a certain set of standards that you expect your date to adhere to, make sure that you do the same. If you think it’s OK to flirt with the waitress, don’t spit your dummy out if your date has a big flirt with the barman. Double standards will not make a happy relationship.
- Going All Caveman – Yes your date probably wants to feel safe with you, knowing you could protect them when the need arrives. But, your date does not want you squaring up to every guy that you think has looked at you funny. Not only is it a little bit embarrassing, it can also be a bit scary, never knowing when your date is going to blow up. So cool it and leave some of that testosterone at home.
- Being Too Possessive – The girl is already dating you, so it’s clear that she wants to be with you, so there is no need to call her every ten minutes to find out where she s, or showing up on a girls night out. No one wants to date the overly possessive guy that completely smothers them, so find some trust or prepare to be single.
Hopefully this will help all the guys out there have some more dating success.
Visit our official Facebook Page for more flirting fun and dating advice.